Government contact points
The government has published details of how businesses can offer to help scale up Covid-19 testing. The request is for:
- consumables and equipment for coronavirus testing, in particular test kits (such as nose and throat swabs, transport media and vials) and RNA extraction lab consumables (such as reagents, plates and pipette tips)
- new or existing types of coronavirus tests for antigens or antibodies. These must meet the requirement set out by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). MHRA has published the specification for the required antibody test
- public or private sector organisations that can offer laboratory capacity.
Ideas, proposals, comments and any other responses to Covid-19 challenges are being submitted through a sourcing platform - a partnership between the Department of Health and Social Care, the BIA, BIVDA and the Royal College of Pathologists.
In addition to efforts to scale up existing methods of testing, the government is looking for new solutions in the following areas:
- Dry swabs for use in virus detection
- Transport media that inactivates the virus
- Desktop PCR equipment for point of care testing
- RNA extraction: new methods
Additional offers of support
For additional offers of support, beyond testing, the government is requesting that businesses provide details via an online portal
To offer your support producing ventilators please contact the Business Support Helpline for England number on 0300 456 3565 or at email@example.com.
If you have already offered to assist on the ventilators project but not received a reply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquiries or proposals concerning potential solutions contact the COVID Research and Innovation workstream at email@example.com
To submit general offers of help from industry on COVID–19 preparations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BIA industry taskforces
For more information on work underway to tackle COVID-19 across the biotech sector, or to get involved with our BIA industry taskforce groups please use the following contact points:
Vaccines manufacturing taskforce
For information on the vaccines manufacturing taskforce please email Annette England
The vaccines manufacturing taskforce is currently conducting an audit across the life sciences community. If your organisation has any capability or capacity in vaccines manufacturing, please complete this short questionnaire.
Antibodies and biologics taskforce
For information on the antibodies and biologics taskforce please email Eric Johnsson